Thursday, November 6, 2008

Das Internet Was Kaput...

Sorry everyone......here my grand plans of the Halloween Count Down went down in flames......modern technology - HA!!!

Started having Internet problems, thought it was no big deal & that my own personal I.T. guy would take care of it.....which he tried to....until he found out it had to do with the DSL modem/signal box thingy (see why I'm not considered the technical expert???)......so then he spent WAAAAY too much time on the phone with our carrier's tech support - got nowhere aside from EXTREMELY frustrated - and was told a technician would have to come out.....in 4 days.....and then 4 days later, the technician came out - 3 hours EARLIER than he was scheduled.....oh, bummer sir, we'll need to re-schedule.....please wait for another 3 days and we'll send another technician out - the second tech came out 30 minutes earlier than the appointment window but decided to wait an extra 5 minutes before leaving......enter my personal I.T. guy and Creepella......and about an hour later - we discover the original tech support (the initial guy on the phone) SHOULD have been able to fix things over the phone only instead of fixing anything, he put in an order for DSL (hellllo - we already have that....). Today's tech advised us to contact HIS boss and complain - which we will (with great tact) and of course we'll be asking for an adjustment on our statement as well.

But enough about THAT......here are the rest of the CARDS......

Stamps - Stampendous & Inky Antics

Stamps - American Artworks??? & CTMH

Stamps - A Stamp In The Hand , A Muse & Savvy; Quikutz

All Stamps - A Muse

All Stamps - CTMH
Cool little spidey scene........with a twist......

EEEEEK.....here's the SURPRISE!!


And now for my final (and most favorite) card:
Ok, there's a story.......by the way - all stamps by A Muse........back to the story - the artist of the deer, Missy, frequents The Paper Garden quite a bit. After making this card - I bumped into her while Linda (A Muse owner) was teaching a Halloween card class. Explained to Missy how I had used her darling little deer - she howled with laughter and told me to "go for it"......so with the blessings of the stamp artist - I give you this:
Kind of an eeeeerie little haunted forest scene.....spooky trees and a glittery ghost....
And OH NO.....this sweet little deer is lost in the spooky forest - what's a deer to do after he's seen a ghost??? Yes, he's had the poop scared out of him!! Baa haa haaaa....I crack myself up....tacky I know - but lately I've been appreciating the "baser" types of humor!!

Hope you all had a wonderful Halloweenie................see you next week!!

2 comments:

Betty Townsend said...

I wondered where you were. Glad to hear all is well. Don't you just love the tech guys. I had to show my husband your last card. And we enjoyed a chuckle!! He said "that's sick"! Great card. I'm getting ready for my church's craft fair tomorrow. Hopefully my husband is going to help me take pictures of everything I've made so I can post them.

Heidi Robles said...

Well there's nothing like have the "poop' scared out of you.