Thursday, September 24, 2015

Blankie for Miss Olivia


So what does it mean when the kids you made baby blankets for are now starting to have kids......that you're now making baby blankets for?  I know, I know.......it means that you're getting pretty demmed old, that's what!!!  Now I didn't actually make a baby blanket for Olivia's mom - but I've known her since was about 2 years old...........soooo close enough!!

 
Used mostly Bernat Baby yarn.......aside from the solid brown -  that's called "Cuddle" and it was a Joann's brand a couple of years ago. I like it a lot because it's a deeper saturation AND it's skinny yarn (my favorite).  

 
Picot edging is my choice for baby blankets...............mostly because it's simple yet gives a finished look AND it goes pretty speedy fast - and by the time I'm at the edging point - I am done, Done, DONE with that particular blanket................whew..............


I tend to make LARGER baby blankets because.............because..............well, I think because when I'm making the squares, I KNOW they're not big enough to cover a baby.  So I make fairly large granny squares AND then once they're put together I kind of go, "Huh, guess that's big enough for a baby??!!!"....... I'm currently working on another blanket - I'm making EVERY effort to keep it baby-sized.  We'll see how it goes..............

Toodles for now...

1 comment:

Heidi Robles said...

Very cute and yes we are getting old!