Monday, March 15, 2010

Lucky Trio


Well huh - doesn't time fly when you're not blogging??? Well, I was kind of busy with getting gifties and goofing around with NEW cross stitch patterns (and the whole business of getting the fibers and cool fabrics and all that new patterns entails....) ANNNNNND, I've actually been completing some stitching projects that have been "in progress" for an embarrassingly long time. I haven't photographed them yet but once I do I'll be posting some them......I know you're absolutely on pins & needles to see the finished item (well MOSTLY finished.....the stitching is done but I have yet to decide what to do with all of them......yet) - right Heidi??

And now back to the card. Pretty simple design but actually a bit time-consuming with the QuicKutz letters and "creating" a 4-leaf clover. Sponged the edge of the scalloped oval so that it would stand out against the white cardstock (getting depth with white on white requires a little help). Not sure if you can tell, but "Lucky" has been die-cut from Stardream cardstock so it shimmers quite alluringly. I Stickled the 4-leaf clover to shine the spotlight on the "lucky" clover and wrapped that oh-so skinny ribbon around the card for a bit of color and more texture (that ribbon was a great find at Michaels....30% off!!). Popped out the scalloped oval with foam tape too - made a dozen of them and half of them are in the mail to Florida, Ohio, North Carolina, Colorado and Oregon.........I just wish a cool St. Patty's postage stamp would come out one of these years!!

Cardbase - Classic Crest Solar White
QuicKutz mini Eliza font
Stardream CS
Stampendous Stamp
Inks - Memento & PTI
Copics & Stickls
Marvy Scallop Oval
Ribbon from Michaels

No comments: