Saturday, January 5, 2013

That Crazy Karla!



 
 
Zombies?  Seriously?  Wow....really NOT my thing!!  But I've found having a relatively large collection of cross stitch patterns really comes in handy...at the weirdest times!  Wanted to make most of my Christmas gifts and soooooo what can I do?  Crochet, cross stitch, embroidery, stamping and paper crafting.  I decided to mix it up with a bit of crochet and bit of cross stitching. 
 
Why Zombies?  Well because Karla is a sick-O and LIKES the whole Zombie thing....reads books, watches movies and that T.V. show and well, ick..................  But hey, how cool is it that I actually HAVE a Zombie cross stitch pattern in my stash (a huge thank you to the gals at "Raise the Roof"!).  Switched out some of the DMC floss for some hand-dyed fibers (for the whole Zombie mottled-skin look), searched high and low for the perfect worn, distressed Zombie-looking button and found The Perfect fabric (doesn't it just scream ZOMBIES???) for the finishing................ahem........speaking of finishing..............
 
Here's my little secret....while I can stitch like nobody's business I absolutely SUCK at finishing......I have stuff that I've stitched from YEARS ago.  I stitched Creepella the cutest little strawberry house and found the cutest strawberry print fabric and folded it all up nice and neat and presented it to her in a large Ziploc bag.........three YEARS ago..........still haven't finished it into the pillow I promised......what a bad mom I am........ 
 
So THIS year is a year of finishing.........a LOT of things actually - say, do you think that all of those non-finished cross-stitched-completed items are a metaphor for a bunch of things in my life?  Stuff that I've been dragging around for years and years and years???
 
 
Nope, I think it's mostly because I'm lazy and a teeny-tiny bit fearful of actually DOING the finishing stuff - wish me luck in this new adventure in 2013!!

No comments: