Saturday, February 9, 2013

Balloon Spotlight

 
 
Am I becoming a lazy stamper or what?  Well of course not - I'm just utilizing the tools and materials that I have available to me (and Bob) in the ol' stamp room.  
 
But upon further reflection I realize that yes, I AM a lazy stamper - and I've lost some of the whole stamping inspiration...maybe it's just taking a break (at least that's what I HOPE is happening).  I notice that most of the blogs I follow now are about stitchy and hooky (crochet) things.  Just changing the crafty rotation a bit, that's all!
 
So this card is pretty simple, used some VERY inexpensive B&T paper (found in Target's $1 bins!), the stamp is a REALLY old Hero Art's stamp (came in a set and I'm thinking it has to be at least 15 years old!), did the handy-dandy spot-light technique since the B&T is so colorful and then made the two spot-lighted balloons all glossy with diamond glaze.  A bit of orange ribbon (A Muse) was all that was needed to finish up the card. 
 
Easy-peasy!
 

 
 
Even though it's only a couple of balloons, I did a bit of shading with Copics and I generally always use black CS when doing the stop-light technique.  I love the crispness of black against the stamped image on white CS. 

No comments: