Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Brrr-fectly You

 
It's only AFTER making this card that I came to realize, "HEY - you need to invest in a new black Memento Pad!!!".....and so I did, again AFTER making this card.  And wow - what a difference it's made in my stamped images!!!
 
I used a die-cut with a hillside of trees and I very carefully snipped away the trees.  I random-stamped the background with what I consider a mod-retro snowflake design.  I also stamped the sentiment on the CB itself in a darker blue ink.  Stamped and colored the penguin, hat and the fish on a separate piece of CS and then cut them out (times 4 - I make 4 cards for the craft fair cards).  I know I've mentioned that I actually ENJOY doing some fussy-cutting because it's a Zen-thing for me (as long as I have good scissors of course).  

 

As you can see, I PILED on the Icicle Stickles on the poor fish in my attempt to make fish scales (I don't know, I think he kind of looks like he might have sort of affliction instead??).  I stamped the small oval and then made a slit big enough to slide part of the fish into it and used a smidgeon of glue to hold him steady.  After adhering the snow bank panel onto the CB, I  popped the Penguin out with foam tape (of course).  You might not be able to see it but I also applied a bit of Liquid Glass onto the Penguin's beak.
 
I think the mini pom-pom on his hat is fun and helps to give the card dimension.  And from a distance, the heavily-applied Stickles really does look like fish scales!!
 
Hope you all have a wonderful New Year.....may 2015 bring you loads of GOOD health & happiness!!  Stay safe & warm!!
 
Toodles for now.......
Kathy & Bob
 
Supplies:
Stamps - Paper Smooches, Savvy, A Muse
Die Cut - Impression Obsession 
CB - Memory Box
Inks - Memento
Copics
Stickles
Liquid Glass - CTMH
Corner Rounder
Mini Pom-pom

No comments: