Saturday, January 2, 2010

Singing In The New Year

Stamps - Hero Arts
CB - A Muse
B&T paper - ???
Inks - Memento & Colorbox
Copics, Spicas
Stickles (Frosty Lace)
Marvy Circle punches

Just had our Christmas gathering with my side of the family. The kids are mostly in their teens (3 girls and 1 boy) so shopping for them can be rather daunting.....a few years back, my cousins and I decided it would be fun (AND affordable) for each kid to bring 2 gift cards, pick numbers and have at it. Each year it's a struggle to remember "the rules" but it all works out. My aunt also tosses in 8 more gift cards and this year Lily, Iris and Bob pooled their cash reserves and sent me off to Costco for a mega-deal on iTune gift cards (they figure they want to be part of the party too!!) so each kid walked away with 5 gift cards (or in Creepella's case, 4 gift cards and some "straight cash").

So being a card-maker, I have to come up with a cool gift card-holding card right? These were fast and easy and more importantly FUN TO MAKE (and I actually had them done a week before I needed them.....talk about miracles.....). Inside is a pouch for the gift card and the card itself is a 4.25 square card (perfect way to utilize the square envelopes that used to come in the A Muse square card packs). I love square cards, I like the symmetry of squares....unfortunately the extra postage it takes to mail a square card is somewhat off-putting to many of our customers so mostly, we stick to making the standard-sized cards. I'm hoping to make a few of these gift-card holders and "test the waters"......perhaps if our customers are hand-delivering the card these square babies might just take off!!

Here's hoping 2010 brings lots of good things to each and everyone of you.........CHEERS!!!

No comments: