Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Mom's Day Card #3


Hmmm, kind of dark, but I like to think of it as elegant........

One of the things I love about stamping - there are so many cool techniques that it's always like Christmas in that you can re-discover a favored technique and be completely delighted with it all over again. Do you think I'm nuts??? Ah well it's a lot of fun in my world.

A Muse stamps have been a mainstay in my stamping arsenal ever since I discovered them 7 years ago. Didn't know exactly WHAT I had discovered, all I knew was that I loved these cute little designs. Not long after that, in a stamping magazine I saw a card that Julie Ebersole made (using A Muse stamps) and that was the official beginning of my love of A Muse stamps!! The bummer part was the LSS didn't carry A Muse (I know, shocking but true....!!!), I couldn't find a catalog - I was in sheer desperation (remember, I wasn't nearly as computer savvy as I am now and since I'm mostly a nit-wit NOW, well you can only imagine how inept I was then...). Went to a local rubber stamp convention with Creepella (her first time, poor thing) - found a whole mess of A Muse stamps at the "Stamp On Over" booth (not sure if they're still around), spent nearly every cent there....... about two hours later I emerged triumphant in my cache of A Muse stamps. Truly......didn't have a dollar to spend at any other booth - Creepella was hot, tired and sick to death of hearing my insane mutterings, whimpering, squeals of delight and anguish cries of despair. Nearly 8 months later, I found the A Muse bonanza at The Paper Garden AND finally found A Muse's website.

My life was nearly complete.

Used the "spot-light" technique using A Muse's Mum stamp (after all it is for a Mum's Day card...). After deciding on the B&T paper, I selected the Copic markers and had at it. I also used a zig-zap fold for the card base (probably not the proper term but it makes sense to me), it serves as a bit of interest since there's no ribbon (WHAT??!!!???). In hindsight, I'd stamp a sentiment on the lower right corner of the cream front panel but since these cards are long gone, I'll have to keep it in mind for next time.


Stamps - A Muse
B&T Paper - BasicGrey's "Indian Summer"
Colored Cardbase Panel - CTMH (Vineyard Berry)
Inks - Memento & Colorbox Chalk Inks
Punches - Martha Stewart's scalloped border; Marvy corner rounder; Stampin' Up - Circle

1 comment:

Betty Townsend said...

WOW!!!! Love it!! You've made it big time! :))