Tuesday, September 17, 2013

B-Day Balloons



 
 
Using Liquid Glass/Diamond Glaze really gives a great effect........except for the little air bubbles.  But I spent enough time trying to pop them with a straight pin and figured the remaining air bubbles could be considered "texture"....................are you buying it???
 

Stamp is from Taylored Expressions, I stamped the balloons a second time, colored, cut and mounted them with foam tape then applied the Liquid Glass AND then walked away from them for the evening (see, I've learned some lessons and patience during my years as a card-maker!). 

The mini rick-rack (or is that ric-rac???) was purchased from Hancock Fabrics and I just used some tacky glue to attach it to the card front ONLY.....it's too bulky to wrap around the entire card.   Once the glue dried, I trimmed the ric/rick-rac/rack right up to the card base and it didn't fray at all (yeah for tacky glue!).

The B&T paper was something I had but since I wasn't operating with a full sheet (HA-very funny...), I don't know who the manufacturer is.....but I'm thinking it's fairly new so I'm certain I purchased it at Michaels, Joann's or Stamper's Corner sometime this year.  Memento inks, Copics, Spicas and just a rectangle of red CS (CTMH) completes the card components. 

A fun & happy card that would be suitable for either a boy or girl..................mission accomplished!

Toodles for now!

No comments: