Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Cloud Happy

 
When I was making these Graduation Day cards, I didn't really notice that I had a couple of designs that had a VERY similar theme.....clouds......  This one uses Doodlebug B&T paper, so there's a bit of a difference, but just barely.  I still used the cloud die from A Muse (I really must get another cloud die.....for a different look/feel......I'm thinking either Taylored Expressions or Paper Smooches - what's your favorite cloud die?).  The "graduation" balloon mostly fits on the large cloud die and it all lines up well enough for the design I had in mind.

 
Love this Dr. Seuss saying (actually I like a LOT of them......I've seen a cool design in Cross Stitch that I'm mulling over.....) but if I were to make this card again, I would stamp the sentiment in Paris Dusk instead of Tuxedo Black.

 
And because the balloon looked a bit flat (even with foam-mounting the cloud), I added some Liquid Glass to the balloon portion to make it pop a bit.  Some Spicas on the tassel gave a smidgeon of sparkle too....and I find that sometimes that makes all the difference - don't you?
 
Memento Inks
Copics
 
Toodles...

No comments: