Sunday, June 15, 2014

Bacon for DAD!

 
Every Dad deserves some BACON, right??  And 4 slices seems to be a good amount - just enough, but it doesn't make you a COUCHON (a PIGGY...hee-hee-hee). 
 
 
Seriously, I think I could have made 10 of these cards and sold ALL of them at the craft fair - they were a hit!  Since there was very little coloring involved, I wanted the word "bacon" to stand out a bit.  I used a couple of the dew-dropped shaped Memento Ink pads and "colored" with them on the bacon stamp.  I liked how it turned out......it's just bacon-y enough, don't you think??

 
Coloring with ink pads was fun, in fact, these cards were a ton of fun to make....this is a relatively new stamp set from Hero Arts (well, it's a new set to me...).  It's got lots of items that will make "everything better".  The cool strips of bacon are from Paper Smooches - just one stamp but I tried to make a good variety of bacon strips with a few different Copics.  Of course I wanted the bacon to be sizzling hot so I added some Liquid Glass to shine things up. 
 
A pretty easy card stamping-wise...the most time-consuming part was cutting out the bacon slices and applying them to the card. 
 
Hope all the Dads out there had a GREAT Father's Day today!
 
CB - Memory Box
Copics
Memento Inks
 
Toodles...

No comments: