Friday, February 6, 2009

Cheating...


It's kind of a cool card, right? Creepella really likes the colors and tells me it looks clean and crisp, "kinda modern" (versus all the fuddy-duddy stuff that I usually come up with???). There's not one lick of stamping to this card (ok, there is a sentiment that I stamped on the inside and of course I stamped the envelope and I stamped my logo on the back of the card - but I just liked typing "not one lick of stamping...." my blog - my rules...).

From Michael's Dollar Bins I purchased 8 identical cards (they were a smidgen smaller than A2-sized and came with REALLY thin envelopes....ick...) [$1.00]; I got 5 little popped out sentiments for another $1.00 (and actually, I had to purchase 10 sentiments, so that pushes it to [$2.00] but I have 2 sentiments left over now....). I already had the white cardbase and the key lime sheer ribbon and the Stickles. The cards were folded kinda wonky so I immediately cut them in half, used a corner-rounder on the right side of the panel and cardstock, adhered the printed panel onto my much sturdier white cardbase, threw a ribbon around it, squirted out some Stickles, slapped on the sentiment and called it a day.

I'm thinking what a neato-bandito gifty this would make and HELLLLLOOOOOO - did you calculate how much it costededed???

Mental Note: make more of these and put them away (but not too far away) for future gifts.....

1 comment:

Betty Townsend said...

This card is fantastic. Who would have known how it started out if you didn't say so. I really like it!!