Friday, March 20, 2009

So purrrrrrrdy...


I don't know much about plant/flower/tree names....I just know what I like to look at....and I like looking at these trees. I call them "Tulip Trees" and I'm not sure if someone told me that's what they're called or if I made it up (because I tend to do make up names for things....even characters in books when I have no hope at a proper pronounciation...poor authors - all their hard work flies out the window when I get my hands on their work).

Anyhow - I really do like these trees. I requested one for the front lawn - positioned so that I could see it from my desk (which doesn't make any sense since most of the time I'm stamping at night.....). How weird is the front lawn going to look.....all barren except for the Tulip Tree, 3 Birch trees, several bushes and shubberies all clumped together??? Oh well, my lawn.............my clumpiness!!

1 comment:

Betty Townsend said...

I think they are called tulip trees; I'm like you, I have no clue when it comes to most trees what the names are! I love the color of these flowers!!