Monday, June 15, 2009

Frenzied Flouishes

Cardbase - Memory Box; Flourish Stamps - Inkadinkadoo; Candle - CTMH: Circular sentiment - PTI; Inks - Memento; Copics & Stickles; CS - CTMH; Marvy & Stampin' Up circle punches; Sheer Ribbon

Ok, can you actually have TOO many flourish stamps? I think I might be getting ready to cross the line. On purpose and with great forethought, I have acquired several sets of flourish stamps and a hand-full (yes, a very LARGE hand-full...as in Andre' the Giant's hand-full) of single wood-mounted flourishes. Did I get completely sucked into the excitement upon seeing yet another NEW set of flourishes? Heavens no - after all, I'm a mature woman, completely able to keep in control even under the most heavy duress. The answer is simple really - there are so many bleepin' styles of flourishes, how can one set be "The Answer" to every stamping need?

There are elegant, playful, modern, flowy (yes, an actual stamping term), holiday-themed, floral, dotted, leafy and masculine varieties of flourishes - so I ask again: how does one keep to a SINGLE style of flourish to fit a multitude of stamping NEEDS??

Obviously - the answer is.....impossible to do. Therefore, LOGICALLY, one must have an entire arsenal of flourishes available for every type of stamping style and NEED. Not that I personally feel the need to defend myself OR my collection of flourishes...just wanted to make my thoughts on the matter perfectly clear.

No comments: