Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Gardening Gnome

Gnome & mushrooms - Stampin' Up; Sentiment & Cardbase - Papertrey Ink; Inks - Memento & Versafine; Copics & Spicas

When Creepella came to say goodnight she about fell over when she saw all of the Copics that were spread out on my desk. Let's see, I had 3 shades of blue for the hat, 5 Copics for the flower & 2 for the stem & leaf; the shoes were 3 shades of orange; the pants were done in 3 Copics, the shirt was 3 shades of red with the "ruffle" & very dark seams comprising another 3 Copics, face & hands were done with 2 Copics, hair & beard had 3 Copics; grass had 2 shades of green, the sky was 1 Copic and finally the mushrooms were (no kidding here....) 9 shades of various Copics.
And of course I threw in a couple of Spicas for just a hint of shimmer.
Creepella thinks I'm crazy - so does Heidi and yes, it did take me a VERY long time to finish coloring (I made 3 of these cards and I always stamp my envelopes)...but since one of the things I really enjoy about stamping is the coloring I guess it's quite all right for me to hunker down and bond with my Copics.
When Chef Bo-Bo Head saw this card....he REALLY liked the mushrooms!! He kept asking to see the stamp - when I showed him he laughed (the mushroom stamp is pretty small, I just stamped it multiple times).

No comments: