Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Bogged Down

Here's part of the mess of "loose" ribbon


A close-up of the the oranges & yellows


A close-up of the purple


A close-up of the blues
A confession...............I was busy stamping and as I was wrapping up the card, I thought, "Hey, a couple of loops of ribbon would look good here....." and that was the last conscious thought I had for the rest of the day. I spent the rest of my weekend "wrapping" ribbon. I guess I'm a bit on the compulsive side in regards to certain aspects in my stamping materials - apparently ribbon is one of them. I had the ribbon mostly separated by color and some of it was wrapped nice & tidy but some of it............wasn't.................it was loose, wild, tangled, creased and I just couldn't take it any more - AAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHhhhhhh.
So this is most of my "loose" ribbon - ribbon that I've purchased mostly by the yard at a couple of LSS and from Michaels too. I have other zip-top bags that hold my A Muse sheer ribbon and stitched ribbon and then there are larger bags that have spooled organza ribbons, holiday ribbons, "textured" ribbon and printed ribbon - let's just say over the years, I've acquired a healthy supply of ribbon. Of course NOW I realize that I'm partial to the skinny ribbon (i.e. A Muse sheer ribbons) - but since I've got a ton of other stuff, I need to get busy using it up.
Now that my loose ribbon has been sorted and tidied up, I can really "see" what I have available so I'm certain I'll be adding ribbon to pretty much every card I make.......aaaahhhh, ribbon frenzy - what a way to go!!

No comments: