Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Perfect Blend

CB - Memory Box
CS - CTMH
Stamps - My Favorite Things
Inks - Memento & Papertrey Ink
Copics & Spicas
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
A Muse Ribbon
Sakura Glaze Pen

During the last Rubber Stamp Convention, there was a booth that sold a LOT of MFT stamps. I'd been eyeing their website for a while, really liked a lot of their images and was basically sitting on the fence as to WHEN to buy. I had noticed that my LSS had started to carry a very small selection of their stamps but YIKES - the price mark-up compared to the website was too scary!!! So I actually cooled my spending jets and saved my cashola in the hopes that there would be some convention "deals". Boy oh boy was a I glad that I did!! Everything that I purchased at the convention (with the exception of Magenta) was at a "deal". So I guess as much as it pains me, sometimes it actually DOES pay to wait..............sigh................

Well, it's been a few months since the Rubber Stamp Convention and I've FINALLY used one of the MFT sets!! I still like the whole pink & brown combo (even though it's probably so last year in the stamping "fashion" scene), so I thought it would work well for this set. I love those Cuttlebug embossing folders - they're so quick and easy to use and they are quite affordable and I love the variety available. Stamper's Corner carries a nice selection of the embossing folders...I just picked up the "Diamond Plate" folder, I think it'll make really great Manly Male cards (and sheesh, I have problems with coming up with ideas for them!!).....I'm pretty thrilled!!

This was a quick and easy card, there were only 5 Copic colors used and only 1 Spica!! I think all of the matting took the longest. Oh, I did have to fight a lot with the ribbon (I'm cheap so I really don't want to waste any more than I have too!!!).

No comments: