Sunday, February 14, 2010

Bee Mine



Close-up of the 2 bees.................awwwww how sweeeeeeet...........

Had the 2 bees stamps for a few years now......and the "Bee Mine" trail....hmmmm - had that one for a long while too. Stamped the panel with the bees and the grass & mini-hearts and then there it sat on my desk for nearly a month - just staring at me.......mocking me with their cuteness - DARING me to DO something with them. And of course, everything I tried wasn't quite right. See that B&T paper I used for the background in the first photo?? Well, I was thinking of using some of it to layer under the stamped panel - but hmmmmm, that didn't look good. Then I thought that a Martha punch would be a nice asset, but again - nope. So fine then, I was even willing to dip into my precious Basic Grey paper...but even when I pulled out my stash (excluding the Christmas and Halloween stuff), I couldn't find something that was just right........sigh.
Then I tossed the panels down on my desk and heaved a heavy sigh - and then noticed.........there's a bit of purple in there - in some of those little hearts.......hey........isn't there a berry-colored cardbase somewhere? And after some digging around I found it (boysenberry) and then it hit me - I don't need no stinkin' B&T paper - I have a swirly embossing folder (looks kind of like a bee buzzing pattern don't you think???).
I'm happy with the results!!
Cardbase - Memory Box
Stamps - 2 Bees (Penny Black); Grass (Rubber Soul); Bee Mine (Savvy); mini hearts (Hero Arts)
Inks - Memento, Colorbox Chalk Inks
Copics, Spicas and Stickles
Ribbon - A Muse
Cuttle Bug Embossing folder (swirls)

No comments: