Saturday, June 30, 2012

Disheartened

Sorry, no card today.  I couldn't work up enough energy last night to do anything crafty.  Every once in a while do you have a no-good-horrible-really-rotten kind of day?  That was my day yesterday.  I can even list the 3 reasons that made it so terrible:

1) MAJORLY unfair hiring practices at work
Nope, this is not just sour grapes - I hadn't applied or interviewed....heck I wasn't even interested in the position.  But wow - I was walloped good when I found out the new employee is the wife of a director who directly supervises the husband of the hiring supervisor of the new employee.  Talk about "cozy".  Saying I'm disgusted doesn't begin to describe how I feel.  The thought of having to work with some of these people makes me absolutely nauseous.  Oh wait, it gets better....when the new employee originally applied for the postion, she was screened out (meaning her application/resume/supplemental questions did not meet minimum skills/experience required for the posted position).  However when the hiring supervisor found out the new employee was screened out a squawk was made (well probably several squawks) and low and behold, the new employee is once again in the running.  And looky here, looky here - she was selected as The Most Qualified Candidate.  HA - most qualified my ass..............I have a very good idea the new employee was "coached" with not only the interview questions but also the answers (especially all the current buzz words and phrases).  I am completely REVOLTED with the current situation.  Honestly I don't know how I will be able to look them in the eye - I don't think I'll do well with masking my contempt and loathing.

2)  Piss Poor Customer Service at the Credit Union (won't say which one, don't need to be sued for slander)
Won't go into details on this one but suffice it to say we will be looking for a new banking institute shortly.  This is not a spur-of-the-moment sort of decision - we've been doing business with them for over 25 years and the level of service has declined steadily.  Again, more disgust and loathing.

3)  While waiting for the green light at a corner of a fairly busy intersection, The Big B saw a man punch another man......the puncher hit the punchee so hard, the punchee fell to the ground.  The puncher jumped into a waiting car and they took off through the intersection.  The punchee looked to be a homeless man....fairly slight in build and rather frail.  As we were getting our phone to call 911 a van (from a car dealershi) pulled along side the curb and a man jumped out with his cell phone in hand and was heading over to the downed victim.  Thank goodness for him but as to the puncher - WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE???  I'm absolutely convinced we are WAAAAAY over-due for a FLOOD.

Really don't mean to be such a downer but I am having a hard time dealing with these things and I'm trying the  ol' "write it down......let it slip from your mind down your arm through your hand and pen onto paper" routine - something a counselor told me years ago.  Most of the time it works - I'm hoping it helps with some of this too. 

We're off to the movies.............we're seeing The Avengers - coincidence??  I think NOT!!!

No comments: