Thursday, June 21, 2012

Funny Farm Greetings


We'll be celebrating Debbie's birthday soon - Happy Hour here we come!

We're so tired and worn out and beat up with the implementation of a new computer system.  We've been TRYING to deal with it for a month now............and it's just not getting better (more and more "glitches" are being found).  One thing that I'm grateful for - the very tight, very small circle of co-workers that I work with everyday are greatly wonderful.  We're really there for each other.  With the term "team" bandied about to no end, I think when you actually work in a genuine Team - it's nearly unbelievable.  We might be a strange group but somehow it all clicks. 

When I took the card in for signing, everyone wanted to know the significance (because at this point they know the "special" cards ALWAYS have a story....).  So I explained the Inspiration Point was the inside greeting (sorry, no photo but it says "Birthday Greetings from all of us at The Funny Farm").......had that for about a week and just had to let things perk in the ol' creative zone.  And then like lightening, it hit me.  My ONLY gripe - I wish there was a pig in this set (can hardly believe there isn't) - I was going to be the pig.  As it turns out Pam is the cow (because Butter is her favorite food group); Karla is the leaping lamp (because she's the youngest in our group and she's certainly the most athletic); April is the horse (because she's ALWAYS jiggling her legs and the "in progress" mouse thingy is a galloping horse); I'm the rooster (because there was no cat and wellllllll, I AM kind of bossy and as Creepella pointed out - I'm talk a lot).  When Pam saw the card and got the back story she just laughed and said, "Yes, it is just like real life  -  you're always on my back!!"  The hats also have special significance (Princess Pamela; Karla really IS a goof/jester; April is just a fun-loving gal; and I really am a tad bit Witch-like, ahem).

While this card took me hours to make, I ENJOYED every minute of it because everything fell into place, Debbie is very special annnnnnd I think she'll enjoy the humor of it all.

Stamps:  CTMH (animals); Savvy, Cats Pajamas, Michael's $-Bin (hats) & ??? (sentiment)
Cloud CS and Cloud die cut: A Muse
Green B&T paper: CTMH
Grass border punch: Martha Stewart
Ink: Memento & Colorbox Chalks
Copics & Spicas
Metallic Gift sticker: Recollections

No comments: