Sunday, April 6, 2014

Beachy Comfort


Sympathy cards...such a sad need for them but hopefully they bring some comfort to those in mourning.  I actually like making sympathy cards - why?  Well, they're calming, peaceful and make me pause - to reflect about the fragility and swiftness of life...while we're in the moment we don't always think of it along those terms (nor should we!) but when you take a couple of steps back....well, pause for thought.  You know?
 
As I said, these cards are always calming...and really when I move beyond the subject matter - I get into a Zen sort of thing with the colors and feel of the design.  Generally the stamps that I use are nature-themed and maybe because my cards are a bit understated design-wise, these types of cards fit into my design style very easily.
 
 
A bit of glitter and a few beads from an assortment of blue beads adds just enough to this card but doesn't send it overboard.
 
Stamps - Judikins shell block; sentiment - Inky Antics
Inks - Memento
CB - Memory Box
CS - CTMH
Twine - A Muse
Stickles
 
Toodles...


No comments: