Monday, April 21, 2014

24-Carrot Friends

 
And boy am I luck to a have a couple of them!  Made these almost-identical cards for Heidi and Gail.  Gail received this one - it's more subtle....as I used Spicas to sparkle up the carrots...
 
 
And here's a close-up of the subtle sparkle....

 
 
On the other hand, the one for Heidi is QUITE flashy as I used Stickles for the sparkly-goodness.

 
I didn't take a close-up of these carrots because I was afraid they might be BLINDING!!  But as you can tell - even from a distance - they're pretty sparkly.
 
I've been wanting to make this card for ever so long (since I purchased the sentiment [A Muse] about 6 years ago!!) but I didn't want to have to stamp and color TWENTY-FOUR carrots...besides 24 of them would never fit on a card front!!  But low and behold, along came Cats Pajamas with this cute & simple (and really easy to color and glitter) carrot and FINALLY the card came true. 
 
The cute carrot ribbon was one that I found at Michael's about 3 years ago.  I could kick myself for not getting a couple of spools of it....I've never seen it again!  The cool little sign-post is a QuicKutz die and the textured CS is from CTMH (wish they'd bring it back - love that stuff!!).  The little tuft of grass is from CTMH (an oldie and one that I use a LOT).  Memento and Colorbox Inks, Copics, Marvy corner rounder and some foam tape completed the cards.
 
Hope  my two 24-carrot friends enjoyed their cards - like I said, I'm lucky to have them!!
 
Toodles...

No comments: