Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Back To School

Red CB - Memory Box; CS - A Muse; Stamps - mostly A Muse, also Just Johanna, Memory Box, CTMH; Copics, Spicas.

Well shoot, these were the cards I sent into Keiki Cards this month - I guess they were also the last cards that I made for for them and I didn't even know it. As of July 23rd, they are no longer accepting cards. I'm not really sure what EXACTLY happened (perhaps a combination of lack of funding, personal and volunteer issues), but I'm really bummed...I've been making cards for them since the transition from Cards for Kids to Keiki's (hmm - perhaps 6 or 7 years ago??). Over the years, they've done such a wonderful thing and I've been proud to be a small part of the organization. Some of my stamping buddies, Heidi, Sharon and Marilynn have gotten our cards together each month to send into Keiki's - so I suppose now we'll need to be on the hunt for a new organization. Actually, since I need to practice delegating tasks.....I've delegated this task of finding a new organization to Sharon - I'm sure she's burning up the internet in her research. I can hardly wait to see what she's found.

As a happy surprise, the new monthly theme thing (I know, I know - clear as mud) over at A Muse Addicts is "Back To School" - glad I'm finally able to participate in these things....what fun!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Very cute card! love the little owl..

Betty Townsend said...

Love the card. Glad to see you are back in the swing of things. Have been reading the posts on the Keiki Cards yahoo board. They were expecting a large donation and it didn't come through so there is no funding to continue. Pretty sad. I had thought of volunteering, never got around to doing it.