Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Deckle Delight

Cardbase - Memory Box; B&T paper - ???; Stardream; Stamp - Double D Rubber; Ink - Memento; Copies, Spicas; Brads - CTMH; Fiskars Long Deckle decorative scissors.
While I made this card just 2 weeks ago, the stamp I've had since 1997 - I'm not even certain if they're still in business? I have several of their stamps in this design style. I tell you, once I like something, I REALLY like it. I like this look although generally, I think I tend to stamp in the "cute" style. I've noticed that other styles are starting to grab my notice -could Creepella's tastes in stamps influence me??
And Halloween just lends itself to using my FAVORITE decorative scissors - the deckle edge. I have 3 different pairs of deckle scissors, each unique in it's own way....a girl can't have too many deckle scissors, let me tell you!!
Isn't it cool how the old stuff becomes "new" again?? Decorative scissors were probably one of the first accessory items I invested in when I started stamping.....and even though there are fancy-edged rotary cutters, I've noticed that decorative scissors are making a comeback. Thankfully I've held onto every pair - HEY......FINALLY......something I don't have to go and BUY!!! Pack-rat tendencies can pay off....just gotta wait long enough...

No comments: