Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Child-Proof

House & sentiment - There She Goes; Trees & walkway border - A Muse; Ink - Mementos; Copics; Spicas; Silver Gel Pen; Koh-I-Noor Woodless Colour Pencils; Sponge Dauber; Pinking Scissors; scrap textured green CS

Upon reflection, I realize my brilliant idea using the pinking scissors to create "grass" really just made the textured green CS look like a weirdly low fence. But hey, I can live with it becasue I'm so darned tickled with this stamp & sentiment (the full sentiment says "I child-proofed my home but they got in anyway - I just did some picking & omitting and split the sentiment to cover the outside & inside of the card). VERY impressed with these new stamps - some of them are really rather snarky.........just what I (and most importantly - my card customers) like!!

Lots of detailed coloring going on with this card....used silver Spicas for the chain links (if you click on the photo, it'll be so large your eyes will cross, however you'll also be able to see the detail). I used a finger-tip sponge dauber to create the subtle "clouds" in the sky. The trees have both Spica leaves and Koh-I-Noor pencil leaves. Oh and I used the A Muse borders clear set to create that walkway to the house (without the walkway, {go ahead, cover it with a Post-It note} the house looks like it's hovering over that wacky low green fencing). I selected that particular "looped" border because I thought it would be a good (and subtle) tie-in to the chains on the house. See.....I'm always thinking!!!

Oh and HELLLLO - cool stamps alert: Speaking of snarkiness and being slightly naughty - on Friday I picked up the new A Muse CLEAR set (thank you Linda!!) of fortune cookie sentiments (and yes, I did get the fortunie cookie wood stamp too - I was SOOO hoping the image would have been included in the clear set!!). Anyhow - that new clear set has some great sentiments.....and ooh la-la....one in particular is slightly naughty - again, I think it's a HOOT and my customers are going to love, Love, LOVE the new cards!!

No comments: