Saturday, May 9, 2009

Memento Heaven

OOooooohhhhhh - look at all of the pretty, PRETTY colors!!



AAaaahhh..........and they're all MINE, MINE, MINE!!!
It's a scientific fact that even if you're viewed as an "adult", if you were raised as an Only Child........you are considered an "Adult Only Child" - and you operate on the same mind-set of being an Only Child (only now you can stay up as late as you want and watch ALL of the TV your eyeballs can handle). Technically, I have siblings (a half-sister & 3 half-brothers - although one died before I was born), but since I wasn't "raised" with them (i.e. didn't have to share), I consider myself an Only Child. When I first met my friend Lia, I was a mere 22 years old (and not nearly as mouthy as I am now!).....but I thought enough of her to give her this warning: "Look at me, I'm an Only Child - if you don't have any more children....YOUR child could turn out like ME!!" Well, Courtney is indeed an Only Child and every once in a while (apparently when Courtney was being VERY MUCH an Only Child), Lia would look at me and with a little half-smile, shake her head and say, "Yep, you warned me and I didn't listen to you...." she'd giggle (a desperate little sound) and just wander away. Hey - I really did try to tell her.......
What an intro - don't you think??? But OH HEY YOU GUYS - do you see them?? They're practically waving at you!! I've obtained (sounds better than purchased) the new Memento Markers (yes, all 24 colors - have I mentioned how pretty they are???). They work really well on my clear stamps and since Memento Inks are my first choice when using Copics, I'm absolutely thrilled at having the versatility of the markers. There's a lovely brush tip and a very precise bullet tip (sorry, I should have taken photos of each end - but I was simply too enthralled with posing them for these photos). I ALWAYS love having a marker that matches my inks EXACTLY just in case an emergency "touch-up" is required (and with me, it usually happens at the very last stage of making the card.....grrrrrr).
And before anyone makes any grumbling noises similar to that of Chef Bo-Bo Head......NOOOOOOO, these are NOT a replacement of my rather pricey (yikes!!) Copics........these are merely another MUCH-NEEDED tool in my stamping arsenal. Well, I don't think he really "gets it"......but he didn't have anything snarky to say (although he did blow back my bangs with a whopper of a sigh - powered by a massive eye-roll).
But oh, oh, oh......these markers make me so stinkin' happy, Happy, HAPPY.......................they are soooo cool and I'm still pleased as punch that I obtained them (lots of saving, abstinence from a certain favorite stamp store and passing on [with great amounts of teeth-gnashing] other MUCH-needed and oh-so important items have been involved.......but it's definitely worth it).
Today, Heidi and I (and possibly Creepella) will be skipping off to the Rubber Stamp Convention. We'll hang out for a couple of hours and then it's off to Chevy's for an oh-so tasty luncheon. We've pinkie-sworn to each to remain strong and true..........we'll be making EVERY attempt to steer clear of any rubber/wood stamps. Serious browsing is to be done in booths housing CLEAR stamps only - I want to make a bee-line to The Cat's Pajama's booth (hopefully they'll offer a show special) and then over to Printworks (they offered a show special last year). I've been hoarding my bits & bobs of cash for a couple of months now - all in anticipation of this show. If I run out of money - I'm done with the show.....period.....I'll just walk away (I may have tears in my eyes, but I'm resolute in my decision).
Mom's Day cards sales went surprisingly well this year (no matter how long we sell cards, I don't think we'll EVER be able to predict what the customers want!!). The MB Penguin in Curlers cards had everyone laughing. Next year I'll make some of the Child-Proof Home cards to sell - this year they were just for sending. Everyone loves Fluffles too. Other cards (that I didn't post) went pretty quickly.............it's all good!!
And once again - Happy Mom's Day to you!

1 comment:

Betty Townsend said...

I looked for you at the Stamp show. Knew for sure you'd be there. I wasn't good nor was I really bad. Thought it was a good show. At least all my favorites are still there. Watched Judy at Judikins demonstrate a new product and technique she's got. Pretty neat. Hopefully you saw it too!! I was tempted to buy Copics. Didn't!!