Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Hmmmmm - CAKE!

Party B&T - ??? (these were scraps); Sentiment - Cat's Pajamas; Inside Image (I know - it's just a peek) - Hero Arts; Inks - Memento; Cardstock - CTMH: Punches - Stampin' Up & Marvy; Stickles & Copics (on inside image); Scor-Pal for the cool Gatefold of the card.

Sorry I'm such a dork - I didn't take a photo of the card before I got it all mushy with writing (well, as mushy as you can get by asking someone to bake a cake in a card to them for THEIR b-day). But most people have seen a gate-fold card so you get the idea. The most exciting thing - the scraps of B&T paper were exactly the right width to fit the front gate panels - see, I just KNEW that saving all of those TONS of scraps would pay off one day - and HA, today is that day!!

One of the blogs that I read on a regular basis (she's MUCH more disciplined at doing some regular posting than I am.....hanging my head in shame here) doled out some sage advice: use your scraps & bits RIGHT NOW - whatever you've made that has left you with scraps that you have deemed worthy to save - USE THOSE SCRAPS NOW!! She's right - after all you've already got the inks, markers, cardstock, ribbon, do-dads (whatever) that you've decided to use with the B&T paper....might as well use it all now versus putting it away (eventually) only to turn around and have to drag it all out again. So that's my new goal............to use up the scraps right after making the cards - we'll see how feasible that is........don't want to pen myself in too tightly.

No comments: