Thursday, May 7, 2009

Happy Mom's Day!!

Front of "Swing Card"

After the card has been "opened"
CS & ribbon - A Muse; Stamps - Hero Arts; Inks - Mementos; Copics & Spicas; mini ribbon flowers; Scallop edgers
Of course this card took me nearly THREE days to complete. Not really but it certainly felt like it!! I don't like getting bogged down with measurements and looking at diagrams and having to remember that the solid lines are to be cut and the dashed lines are for scoring and well, you get the picture right? Give me a glimpse at the finished product and let me have at it. Actually most of the time I don't WANT to glimpse a finished product because my two very different sides clash major big time. The Prissy Precise me wants to follow things to the absolute letter, the Blowing In the Wind me wants to toss up the colors and see how they land.......sigh.......hey, maybe that's why I'm so stinkin' tired all of the time!!
I MIGHT do this style card again (some day), but I would definitely use sturdier CS for the base. While I love the A Muse Kitchen CS - it's a bit too flimsy (IMO) to hold up to the wear & tear of this type of card.
To all of you, Happy Mother's Day!!

No comments: