Saturday, February 12, 2011

Green For Joy


I've got a friend who absolutely detests Valentine's Day. She explained why and I see her point. She also happens to believe that Green is The Only Color one should recognize. So every Heart-Day, I make cards for my friends....usually in reds, pinks, purples - but for Joy, I ALWAYS make a GREEN card - same card design but any red/pink/purple component is done in GREEN. This year as I was finishing up the cards, Creepella popped into the stamp room just as I was working on Joy's card. She laughed and asked, "Is that Joy's card??" - then she took a closer look at it and announced, "You know mom, she's got a point....it's a cool card - green is good....I like green...." and then she just looked at me with such expectancy I was nearly at a loss for words.
But only nearly - I took a deep breath and told her to go away..................
Stamps - CTMH (background border & heart flourish on envelope); Hero Arts (Sentiments)
Inks - Memento & Colorbox Chalk inks
Punches - EK Success single heart; EK Success zig-zag mini-heart border & Martha Stewart's heart clusters
Misc - Scritchy/Scratchy jute/twine, scraps & bits of ribbon; Memento marker; scraps of Stardream CS and other CS
P.S. to Gina -
This is basically a 4-bar sized card that duplicates the heart on the bakers twine card that I posted earlier this week......I didn't use the bakers twine here because the card was so much smaller and I just didn't like how it looked. Soooo, for these hearts, I just glued them directly onto the card - tons easier (and waaaay faster) than the whole mini glue dot ordeal!! I did the twine/jute on the rest of the cards too but I added a couple of bits of the bakers twine in the knot (replacing the green ribbon bits here).

No comments: