Wednesday, February 9, 2011

String Of Hearts



I'm not sure why the Kraft cards come out so crappy photgraphy-wise. It looks like a weird sickly brown/gray combo....ick. I love the look of Kraft cards and since I've "found" an entire ream of it (along with several other reams of various CS.....), I'll be using more of it. I love the spin it gives in comparison with white or cream CS.....very casual and comfy - am I making any sense here??
Anyhow here's my Inspired Creation v-day card......got the idea from Paper Crafts' "Color Inspiration" issue. Tons of cool card ideas and if mixing and matching colors isn't your thing, loads of inspiration in that area as well. Their card was monochromatic which was nice but I really wanted to make the punched hearts POP out at you so I switched out to the Kraft cardbase (I also added a ton more hearts to the bakers twine......wanted the card LOADED with hearts!).
Creepella was watching me finish up these cards and told me this was one of her top favorite cards - guess which one she'll be getting on the 14th??!!
Stamps: Hero Arts
Ink: Memento
CB: CTMH
CS scraps......well, they were scraps!!
EK Success small heart punch
Martha Stewart Heart Cluster punch & baking twine

2 comments:

Gina M. said...

I really like this card. How did you adhere the tiny hearts and twine? (I am new to all but the very, very basic aspects with cardmaking still. *blush*). Also: Where did you get a ream of Kraft cardstock? Was it a good price? I am having the worst time finding good pricing and having it be nice looking. I am really dying to play with kraft cardstock, though. :) Thanks and sorry for the barrage of questions! :)

Kathy and Bobber-Wobbers said...

Hey Gina! Mini glue dots are my best friend for this card...that's how I adherred the hearts to the twine. After that, I placed mini glue dots to each heart on the end and then sporatically through-out the row. A bit time-consuming but I wanted to be sure the hearts would arrive ON the card! I've been a CTMH consultant for nearly 15 years....I've got a LOT of CS lurking around. However, I've used Papertrey Ink's Kraft CS and it's wonderful - nice color, very sturdy and it's a decent price. Good luck, have fun & thanks for stopping by!!