Tuesday, June 8, 2010

3 Feline Cheers

Two sweet girly kitties (aka Lily & Iris)


And then there's Bob!!
This is a "Wiper" card - found it on the Splitcoast Stampers site. There are TONS of excellent ideas and tutorials on that website. I am horrid at following written directions but if a few photos are added, then I'm good to go. I have a large binder completely devoted to various tutorials/ideas that I've found on Splitcoasters. If you ever have "stampers block" - go to that website and your head will be absolutely spinning with ideas!!
How's that for a card intro?? Ironic that I had planned on making cute, small and simple cards for Creepella's b-day week and ended up making several interactive cards (this wiper card being the first one). Don't you just love how the wiper part just pops up as a fun surprise?? I was so enamored with these cards I made one for Chef Bo-Bo Head (a baking-inspired b-day card) and then I made 20 party invitations for Creepella's b-day/grad party (the wiper pop-up was a skull with a graduation cap.....really turned out well). For this card, I thought the kitters would be a great theme and not surprisingly, I had just the right kitty B&T handy. The little orange butterfly hanging out with "Bob" started making an appearance in several of the b-day card week cards.......she likes butterflies, I like orange - it was perfect!!
Stamps - sentiment by The Cottage Stamper, Inc.
Various feline-themed B&T papers
Stardream CS
Heart Brad - Making Memories
Heart gemstone - A Muse
Versamark Ink Pad
Detailed White Embossing Power
Martha Steward butterfly punch
Deckle-edged scissors

No comments: