Friday, June 25, 2010

Cattails


There's a blog that I look at fairly regularly (I think it's called flowerbugs inkspot)- she does some really cool "punch art". She's a Stampin' Up demonstrator so naturally the punches she uses are from S.U. That's fine since I have quite a few of them too and I really enjoy it when you can use a punch in a multitude of ways.

She showcased the above idea in a different way.....she used a stamp for the cattail grass and she had a bird from one of the new S.U. diecuts instead of the butterfly. The two things that caught my eye: the use of the small slot punch for the fuzzy cattail and the softly sponged background. I added a bit of ribbon and changed out the sentiment (her card was a Sympathy card).

My card has the sponged background (wipe the sponge, don't do the daubing motion), since I didn't have a big grass stamp (the largest stamp was not big enough), I just used a Memento marker (brush tip) to make the grass. I punched the beige Stardream CS for the cattail fuzzies (had a deep bronze-brown too but that was too dark).

I made this card for a friend who's father has recently died (instead of a sympathy card - she's not wild about sympathy cards). I like the calmness of the card, the soft colors and it seems as if those cattails will start swaying at any time.

This card makes me think of my mom and even though she's gone, I think she would have liked this card (she would have told me how clever I was....) - today is her birthday....I miss her a lot.

Stamps - CTMH
Ink & Marker - Memento
Punches - Stampin' Up and Marvy
Ribbon - ???

No comments: