Thursday, June 17, 2010

Made Her Cry


Believe me when I say this photo does NOT do justice to the card. It's made from Stardream so there's a constant shimmer, the butterfly is actually a brown (not that blah grey) color and I've used Spicas to add MORE bits of shimmer. Sponged the clouds because I wanted the butterfly to be in flight (to go along with the sentiment) and I used Creepella's FAVORITE type of swirly ribbon to finish it off.

This was her graduation card and the mushy stuff I wrote inside did indeed make her cry. I'm usually not a mushy-gooey person IN person or in speech but give me a pen and a piece of paper (or a keyboard) and I can go to town. I guess it's easier (you have more time to think) and it's safer (at least until you actually turn over the written sentiment to the recipient). Unfortunately, no matter how I tried I couldn't find the words to describe the depth of love, pride and awe my daughter inspires...but I guess I got close enough.........

Stamps - CTMH, A Muse & Papertrey Ink
Cloud Template - CTMH
Inks - Memento
Copics & Spicas
Corner Rounder
Ribbon - May Arts (?)

No comments: