Sunday, June 27, 2010

Huffing & Puffing


Weird Confession: When I was little and would read The Three Little Pigs, I was absolutely terrified for them because that stupid wolf wouldn't leave them alone. I kept telling my parents we should live a brick house (they had no idea why I developed such a love for brickwork) - as we drove around, I would point out brick houses and expound on the virtues of the brick-ness of the house. No, we never did live in a brick house...and thankfully we never had a wolf huffing & puffing at our door.

Here's a "Tent Topper" card - from Splitcoasters. Isn't it funny how you can do the very same thing and never give it a name and find it later with an "official" title. That's how it is with this card - I've made several cards constructed like this through-out the years and now it has a name (go figure). The only problem with this card is you can't really put it into the protective sleeve AND have it open and close. I have to stamp the inside sentiment on printer paper and attach it to the back of the protective sleeve so our customers know what the heck the card says inside. It's worth the extra work since customers always like a little twist on the card construction.

I let the colors in B&T paper dictate how I colored Cuppie and the cake. A glaze pen made the frosting glisten and Spicas added shimmer to the fire and puff of air from Cuppie. I did a bit of sponging on the edges of the scalloped circle to add some definition. Popping out the scalloped circle with foam tape (cracked open my new roll that I received for mom's day.....it feels so luxurious to have a giant roll of foam tape next to you....) added a nice bit of dimension and the sheer ribbon made the card complete.

Stamps - Taylored Expressions & Hero Arts
Inks - Memento & Colorbox Chalk Inks
Copics & Spicas & Sakura Glaze Pen
Marvy Corner Rounder
A Muse Sheer Ribbon
CS - PTI
B&T paper - ???

No comments: