Saturday, June 7, 2008

Scary Sixteen

Stamps & Orange Crush CS - A Muse; Inks - Versafine & Colorbox; Citrus Green CS - CTMH; Black CS - Stardream; Ribbon - ???; Circle Punches - EK Success; Invitation Info printed in "Chiller" font.

By the end of the day, our daughter, Creepella (no, that's not her REAL name - just something I call her) will have had 3 (yes, THREE) b-day parties. A couple of family parties and one with just her girlfriends (they went to see the new Indiana Jones movie - excellent choice, girls...and then a gab-fest/sleep-over....I'm still tired). Later today, we'll be hosting the final party (they've been spread out over 4 weeks). Why 3 parties? Well last year, there was NO party - the house was absolute & utter chaos during the remodel and this year, she's turning 16 - and definitely NOT Sweet 16....Scary 16 - but in a good way. She's mostly comfortable enough in her own skin to shake up the traditional 16th b-day theme. I love that about her...and it's what I want for her - to be herself and to be happy (being herself). Love, careers, money - all that is important in its own way, but the basic be herself & be happy part...that's what's REALLY important. Happy Scary Sixteen Creepella - we love you!

3 comments:

Heidi Robles said...

Ok I have attemped three time to post and I guess I am blog chanllenged. Anyway if this is my third respose, sorry. But as I said the first and second time, I too am proud of Brianne and that this age is able to walk to her own drummer. She is a much better person for it.

Heidi Robles said...

Not sure if you got my original post, but I said I too like that Brianne is her own person. Very hard to do at this age but that only makes it extra special.

info@papergardenboutique.typepad.com said...

that's exciting, you have a quadurple threat! a beautiful daughter, a smart daughter, a nice daughter and a hardworking girl too!