Friday, April 2, 2010

Ewes Just Fluffy...


Does anyone remember Sandra Boynton illustrations? She did really cute farm animals (with goofy little sing-song rhymes) but what I REALLY loved were her cats. So cute.....big eyes, blobby body and well, I'll say it again, just plain CUTE!! Waaaay back when my husband and I were dating, we exchanged cards for special occasions and just for fun and just because we wuuuuved each other soooo much (are you gagging yet??). When I was thin (yes, for about the first half of my life I had moments of thinness) but thought I was grotesquely obese, he gave me a card with a Boynton cat.....the front said "You're Not Fat".........and inside it said "You're just Fluffy". This card was on top of tin of homemade chocolate chip cookies that he left on my doorstep on his way home from working the night crew. As I tore out the door that morning, I nearly killed myself on the tin and I was saying several choice words until I read the card.....and grinning like an idiot as I started eating the cookies (nope, I didn't share with my roommate - let her get her own baker-boyfriend, thank you very much). I think I may have offered a cookie to my English Professor since I was tardy to class that day..........those cookies were powerful stuff!!
So when I saw this punch art animal..........the whole "Not Fat but Fluffy" came roaring back from whatever vault it's been lurking in and I just started laughing and laughing and laughing (but no cookies this time). Isn't this a clever idea? I love punch-art animals and I oh-so admire those paper crafters who can "SEE" these animals out of these semi-mundane shapes!!! Not sure if you can tell, but I sponged the sheep's body with a light grey chalk ink. I think the swirls embossing folder is perfect for the sheep (the original design had a floral embossing pattern which was cute, but I like the swirls better). I popped out the head, muzzle and ears and finally, I added the flower over her ear because she would just look silly in an Easter Bonnet!!
Cardbase - Memory Box
Marvy and Stampin' Up punches
Martha Steward Border punch
Stamp - Annette Allan Watkins
Inks - Memento
Gemstones & Google Eyes

1 comment:

Heidi Robles said...

All I can say is LOVE IT.