Sunday, April 11, 2010

Stitchy Thanks

Card Front


Inside sentiment "doctored up" (inserted "kept")...

As I've mentioned in previous posts, I have a few crafty hobbies......stamping is the main one, but a very close second is counted cross stitch. I've been doing counted cross stitch for nearly 25 years now....and I still love it. It's almost a Zen thing (actually all of my crafty hobbies offer that sort of tranquility for me - AFTER the sheer delight of excitement in getting NEW stamps & papers & inks & fabric & fibers & yarn & assorted pertinent do-dads...), they make me less stressed (besides the fact that I need more TIME to do all of them, of course!!), they feed my creative need, they make wonderfully special (and heart-felt) gifts, they've brought some wonderful people into my life AND they're just plain fun!!
So one stitching shop that I do business with offers a frequent buyers program - you know the drill, you buy "X-amount" and you get "X-amount" in store credit.......I've been saving all of my store credits and FINALLY cashed in - got my "free" stash last week and simply can't stop looking at all of my goodies -- it makes me so happy...................sigh................ Anyhow, I figure a little Thank You card was in order and this "stitching" set was sew (hee, hee, hee - can't be helped) perfect!!
Stamps - CTMH
Inks - Memento
Spicas
Stickles
DMC cotton floss accent

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So true--everything! :) LOVE LOVE LOVE the threaded needle to accent this--CLEVER GIRL!!!