Monday, April 26, 2010

Getting Punchy


This is a little 4-bar card. Just dinking around with stuff since I needed SOOOO many Thank You cards a while back. Did a card for an A Muse challenge last month (a Julie-inspired card) and I used this Martha Stewart border punch, Stickled it and I really liked how it turned out. So no need to re-invent the wheel each time you make a card, right??

The "flowers" (B&T paper from a circle punch & folded) are shown in the Summer CTMH catalog - a cool idea and one that I've seen before but with so many ideas we all see and hear about, how many can we actually remember to USE? Even with my handy-dandy notebook, I have trouble keeping all of the ideas together....sigh......

The leaves are folded B&T paper and punched in various circle punches (experiment with how much B&T paper you slide into the punch for the leaf-sizes you need). I popped out the sentiment with foam tape and then added a strip of B&T paper on the inside edge of the card so that the punched border would be striking (as if the Stickleness doesn't draw a lot of attention of its own.....).

Just an FYI - I've got some divine silk fibers that have been calling to me - I might take a wee bit of a break from stamping to get some stitching done. When (and if) the stitching looks less blob-like, I'll post a photo......until then - Live Long & Stamp!!

Cardstock, stamp, B&T paper - CTMH
Inks - Memento, Colorbox Chalk & PTI
Marvy & Stampin' Up Circle punches
Martha Stewart Border Punch
Spicas

No comments: