Tuesday, March 4, 2014

No TIME Like The Present


Disclaimer:  I've already made mention that I'm a fan of puns and the more horrible the better - I can't help myself and even if I could I'm not all that interested.....it's good to have a hobby.

So whilst Gail and Creepella and I were watching "Sherlock" this weekend I actually got a bit of stamping done too.  I was hoping to get more done but there was more watching than normal and well, it WAS supposed to be a marathon (and it was......it wrapped up at 2:45AM.....don't tell me we're not wild & crazy women!!)


Anyhow here's one of the cards.....been wanting to do this for ages and apparently I've just been waiting for CTMH to come out with the perfect B&T paper (and here it is - Timberline).  Love it!!  Stamped the clock on it, cut it out and then used a couple of Copics to shade some of the woodiness I was happy, happy, happy!  I stamped the image again onto cream CS and colored the clock face, 2 birdies and little decorative flower and then yessssss, cut them all out and adhered them to the "wooden" clock.  I also stamped the entire image onto the Kraft CB BEFORE running it through the Cuddlebug with Darcie's "wood" embossing folder.  Used copious amounts of foam tape to adhere the clock onto the CB so there's a bit of dimension....and of course I applied a bit of Stickles, some Spica pen, metallic ink (oil inks......gaaaah.....I absolutely LOVE the smell of oil inks!!) and a micro gem as finishing touches.  Made a handy-dandy banner (thanks once again Julie!!) and ta-dah.....the card was complete.

Not too fancy because I always envisioned this could be a manly male card so no ribbons or bows here.....the Stickles might be pushing it as it is..... 

Supplies not already mentioned:
Stamps - Hero Arts
Inks - Memento
B&T paper for banner - CTMH

Whew......well that's it for now....I'll have another card later this week - until then,

Toodles...

No comments: