Saturday, March 1, 2014

Sparkle Flowers

Later today (actually in just a few short hours...) Gail is coming over for a Sherlock marathon.  Yep, we plan on watching all three seasons...  I'm going to stamp for the first two seasons (I HOPE!!) and then stitch or crochet for the third season.  I'm looking forward to it...a lot.  AND hopefully I'll have a few cards to post next week!
 
But for now, here's some sparkly-ness for you...

 
 
Flower stamps and dies are from PTI, the leaf die is from Paper Smooches, the sentiment is from Hero Arts (an oldie too!), trusty Swiss Dots embossing folder and great-looking (IRL) Kraft CS.  Of course there's a ton of Stickles on the flowers but I like it!

 
Once you have all the pieces ready the cards come together pretty quickly.  I love to have piles of card pieces on my desk...all of those wonderful colors just waiting to be selected.  Not sure if you can see it but I also used some foam tape on a couple of the flowers: on the center of the yellow flower and for the entire orange flower.  I think it gives the card some dimension and you can still mail it without a "bulk" problem.
 
Kraft & Colored CS - CTMH
Inks - Memento
Corner Rounder - Marvy
 
Toodles for now...


No comments: